Thursday, February 01, 2007


Last night a sad thing happened. I had to let Alice go. That is what I named my truck, by the way. (It's a guy thing.) I've had her for the past 6 years or so. But I had to let it go. I simply needed a more reliable car.

So, as I took out any remaining things from the truck, I flashback-ed when I got it. I remeber how I felt getting it... Yeah, there was a 'moment'. But life, as the show, must go on. And thanks to Jehovah, I got a better car. By 'better', of course I mean better on gas, affordable, 4 doors, better quality. I just remembered the wise reminder my cuz told me: "Just remember: What you want and what you need are two different things." But the good thing is that it looks nice. So I think I got a little of both. It's what I like to call the "S.U.V.": the Service Utility Vehicle.

So, at about 12:20am, local time, after much deliberation and negotiation, I drove off the lot as content as I can be.

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do, even though it's hard because they become like family. Just think of the positive side, you did it for a good cause, Jehovah's service. That has many rewards.
    MarVel said...
    I felt that pain when I had to let go of the "Red Fang" about two years ago. Oh how I loved him dearly :( He was my first car (1994 Nissan Sentra).
    Roy said...
    yeah, when it's for Jehovah, it doesn't feel so bad.

    and mar.vel., i feel you, girl.

Post a Comment