Wednesday, February 28, 2007



First of all, for those of you who commented some of your experiences, thank you.

Here is one of those:

“I recall my auntie telling me about one time when she was out on service with my cousins, a little girl and a toddler boy. One of the householders, in her complete mean-ness, dispatched her dogs to attack the sister and her children!”

Ok, I’m gonna pause here. Now that’s just plain mean! But all she’s doing is proving the apostle Paul’s words about the true followers of Christ: “All those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus will also be persecuted.” – 2 Timothy 3:12

What was up with that lady anyway? Maybe she was just having a bad day. Hopefully, at a later time, she will regret this course of action and will accept the message.

Continuing...

"As the Canis lupus familiarises raced towards them, panic kinda set in and there was no time to run or hide. My aunt did what she could: put faith in Jehovah. She cried out His name and the dogs halted in their tracks, turned, and went on their merry way.”

The sister concluded this experience with: “The power of Jehovah ... and his swift angels.”

If anyone has more experiences (doesn’t have to involve dogs) please email me by clicking on the following link: [email roy]

Thanks Tam.

1 Comment:

  1. Patty said...
    I agree, that was just plain mean of that woman. I have a big fear of dogs on service. Maybe it is because when I was little out on service my mom and I went to a house and this mean dog came after me. The man was nice though and came and got him right away. But, I think that must have stayed with me to this day. There was an experience in the Watchtower years ago about a Catholic man who got some fierce dogs to attack the Witnesses when they came to visit him. When they did come, the dogs chased them and one caught up with one of the sisters. Terrified, she grabbed some brochures and stuffed them in the dog's mouth. The dog stopped chasing her and went back to the house. The next time the sisters were on that street, the man saw them and invited them to his house and said he had never spoken to the Witnesses before, but the dog had come back with the brochures in his mouth and he had sat down to read them and was impressed with the information. Arrangements were made for him to study the Bible. Amazing, right? I might have to try that next time I'm chased by dogs. But, as you have all mentioned, Jehovah is always with us and gives us the strength to continue...including when there are dogs involved ;)

Post a Comment