Monday, September 04, 2006


A good while back, one of our elders was appointed as a circuit overseer. He and his wife left for their assignment in California. It was sad to see them go. They were always a source of encouragement. The Saturday before, our congregation combined forces with another to throw them a going-away party. It was a very nice gathering. Our last meeting with them was on the following Monday, we then took them out to eat and said our goodbyes. They have helped us so much, as a congregation and individually. We are so grateful to Jehovah for sending them our direction. Now they are off to another to help others as they helped us. But they are not the only ones that are now leaving us. We also had to say farewell to our circuit and district overseers and their wives. I will miss them. But like our ex-district overseer told me, it's a big world, but Jehovah's organization is small. We'll eventually see one another again. That's the feeling I had with our elder that was assigned to California. It was sad, but I knew I would see them again. Maybe I'll be assigned in a congregation in California.... Well, that's just California dreamin'.... Now, the word I'm looking for is 'anyway'.

No, really, it's been great having them and now we await our new C.O. and D.O. and without a doubt we will cherish them as we have cherished our past overseers.

As for our departed brothers and sisters, sin duda Jehová seguirá bendiciéndolos grandemente. (What can I say? I'm texmex.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment