Friday, May 05, 2006


I think this was the day of graduation. I woke up pretty energized. It was sad. It was especially sad the last day in Deltona with the brothers. They had a little farewell thing for me next door to the house where I was staying in, with my family and friends that came to Florida for the graduation. Nearing the end of the night, I sneaked out and went to the house to get something that I forgot in my room. When I got there, it hit me that that was going to be the last time I was going to be in that room, where I spent most of my time away from the classroom. The room was now the way it was when I first got there... Actually, the room isn't the same as when I moved in. It was just an empty room. But now, it wasn't just that. It was so much more. And it was sad to finally leave it and leave the house and leave the family that took me in and took care of me for 2 months, without even knowing me. This kind of love can be seen only in Jehovah's organization. And if I could sum up the eight weeks in one word: love. From the instructors and how they taught; to the care of their wives; to the brothers Roarks and Winkies and all of the assembly hall committee; to the brothers and sisters from the 51 congregations that brought us breakfast and lunch every day; to the congregations where we were assigned to, who had changed their meeting days for us; and to the family I stayed with. Love is what made all of that what it was. Truly, Jesus' words are fulfilled in Jehovah's organization, "By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves." (John 13.35)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment