Monday, April 30, 2007

Have fast food restaurants gone astray? I mean, I remember when I was a kid, it was cool to go to McDonald's. For 3 reasons: (1)the food, (2)the playground, and (3)the kid's meal toy in a cool-looking box. That was the whole purpose. But now, I see what's going on and I feel pitty for the little ones who have to settle for the food and the playground. Now there is no box, and the toys are kinda, well, pathetic. Not all the time, but most of the time. And it's even worse for other places, like Wendy's, where this isn't even a place to play!

Last night, some friends and I went to Wendy's and for a reason unbeknownst to me, my older brother bought a kid's meal. And in it came this, re-diculous thing.





Chicken socks is what this is called. Why? [shrugging shoulders] But not only that, but instructions came with the thing!



So, for your benefit, I have included a demonstration.



And here is the incorrect way to handle this toy.



So this was a topic of discusion at Wendy's and I wanted to share it with the world.

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    For some reason the video is not loading, can you please see if there is a glitch in the link.

    I am anxious to see chicken sox in action.

    thanks,
    gerard'
    Roy said...
    i appologize for that. it should be working now. enjoy.
    Patty said...
    I think I stopped enjoying McDonald's when they stopped putting the Happy Meals in the cute Happy Meal boxes with the golden arch handles. Those things rocked! I've never heard of Chicken Socks...is this some kind of new superhero?
    MarVel said...
    I'm w/Gerard on this one. I'm anxious to see chicken sox in action, but I still think there is a glich because the video isn't uploading. Hmmm...
    Anonymous said...
    As an eyewitness to the Chicken Sox discovery @ Wendy's I can verify the following: (1)no, it's no joke, the boys (especially roy...) really do find this thing totally fascinating (2)the instructions are completely authentic...they came in the same plastic bag.
    Cindy :)
    Roy said...
    ok, it should be playing now... and no it's not a new kind of super hero. if he/she/it were, we'd be in trouble.

Post a Comment