Wednesday, May 02, 2007


We were sleeping. It was going well. All of a sudden, the fans turned off. Almost immediately I awoke, and as I slowly turned toward the alarm clock, my worst fear just came true: (well, not worst fear, more like a frustrating inconvinience) the power had gone out. It was 2:10am. It was totally dark. I got up and went to the living room to open the front door and let the cool air come in and bombard me with freshness. After about a minute, I was joined by two of my bros and my dad. The air was ok except that I was on one of the recliners, but it wasn't too comfortable. My upper torso was like lounging over the armrest. I don't know how that was happening, but it was comfortable at all. But I tried making the best of it. My companions were not all all sleepy as I apparently was. They were talking as if it was 2pm. They went outside, laughed, talked. Then all of a sudden the fan that was in the living room bursted on. I, immediately, (almost before it even came on) got up and went to my room where my fan and my bed were faithfully waiting for me.

2 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    Just one question, how did you know it was 2:10 am if the electricity had gone out?
    Roy said...
    good observation, evie. i looked at my phone, that which has a battery. that means that it can be disconnected from the outlet and still work. :D

Post a Comment