Saturday, April 14, 2007


Pain (pān); noun

1. An unpleasant sensation occurring in varying degrees of severity as a consequence of injury, disease, or emotional disorder.

2. Suffering or distress.

According to the Roytionary: pain - 1. the reason you hurt and say 'ouch'.


Pain is what I am feeling. A few days ago, I had surgury. Yes. It is true. "Nothing major", is what comforted me. But I learned, that surgury is surgury and it's gonna hurt. I am constantly finding myself saying 'ouch'.

The good thing is that it was an outpatient procedure, which means I was out that same day. And I am feeling better, except for the 'barely-being-able-to-walk-because-of-the-surgury wound'.

This was the first time I had doctors cut me open. It was funny when they took me into the operating room. They took me in and connected the anestesia tube onto my I.V. and a few seconds later I started to giggle. Not in a loud way, but subtle. And that's all I remember. The next thing I know, I'm waking up in the recovery room. And that's the beauty of it! Of course, I woke up with a wound that hurt, hence 'pain', but it was over. Now starts the healing process.

I was also just informed that I won't be going into work until next week. Maybe. Depends on what the doc says.

And being it the first time, it was a pretty scary ordeal, and so of course, prayer really helped because I was pretty calm before the whole thing went down. Thanks to Jehovah, it went well and I was relaxed pre-op.

Isaiah 33:24 - And no resident will say: "I am sick." (And no resident will say: "Ouch. That really hurt", either.)

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Well sir, I'm sorry to hear about your pain. I'm glad that you are doing well now. I like your translation of Isa 33:24. Indeed we will not say "ouch" any longer. Get rest, no party! (haha)

Post a Comment