Friday, July 14, 2006

Today is the last day of the Pioneer School for one of my good friends. No doubt he and the other students benefited greatly from the teaching they received, plus having two excellent instructors. Myself and a few others went to serve the brothers and sisters lunch this past Wednesday. It turned out great, I think... I hope. We had fajitas (beef and chicken), borracho beans, rice, guacamole, tortillas de arena y maĆ­­z, and sista Garcia made the hottest chile I have ever tasted. It was fun.

"In other news", our District Convention is drawing near. Can't wait. I hear good things about this one. But then again, there are always good things about the program every year. I was with my grandparents the other day and they had the new book there on the table. I looked, and about a second and a quarter later, I turned with my hands covering my eyes, saying in a slow-motioned tone, "Noooooo!". All I got to see, really, was a part of the cover, so it's not that bad. I guess some don't mind seeing it before the convention, but I'd prefer waiting and seeing how the brother goes about presenting it. The drama, as always will be excellent. My cousin is going to be in the drama, so that'll be cool. And another of my cousins is having an interview. So that's a double-shot of coolness.

Well, I guess that's if for now. Have a wonderful afternoon and steer clear of the road-crossing dears.

4 Comments:

  1. Patty said...
    Hey, think you guys can come serve us lunch at my pioneer school next month?! I heart fajitas :)

    Anyway, I saw the new book, too, but I had the exact opposite reaction. I made sure to leaf through it right away! Of course, I'm just that type of person, I also like to read the last page of a book to know how it is going to end.
    Anonymous said...
    Hey before I say anything, let me introduce myself. My name is Emily De La Cruz. I am Christina and Daniel Duran's cousin, and Patty's friend. So don't get scared.

    As for your comment on the convention, it is very thrilling to see what Jehovah has prepared for us. I hear that is is very good, and that the book is a publication that we should look forward to having. Except my friends that have already been to the convention, don't want to share it me (they are so mean :)
    Roy said...
    pioneer school next month? cool. it is one of the most wonderful things Jehovah gives us. don't worry, you will probably get to eat fajitas.....Emily, yes it is very exciting and thrilling. we are leaving today. you have it next weekend right?
    Ruben Mishael said...
    Hey visit my frieds blog. he is from Hungary.
    http://tiberio69.blogspot.com

    and dont forget mine. http://odetofriends.com

    see ya.
    ruben

Post a Comment