Friday, June 09, 2006

Los Abuelos

Yesterday, me and my family moved out the rest of my grandparents' stuff out of their house and taking it to their new apartment. We worked at it yesterday and the day before. It was A LOT of stuff. It was just too much to do in 2 days, since today the keys were going to be turned in to the new owners.

So, in all the rush, I suddenly realized that this was the last day I was going to be in that house. I remember when my grandparents first bought it. The sight of the empty rooms last night, were the way it looked back then. Even though all of the pictures were down from the walls, I could still see them up. Then, I started to remember when we would go over and stay the night. There was always this comfortable feel and smell to their house. We would lay in their bed during the day and watch TV. MacGyver, Happy Days, Saved by the Bell, Knight Rider would be some of the shows we'd watch. We would run around in socks and slide on the floor with them. Kinda like Tom Cruise. And then McDonald's! THAT'S when happy meals were HAPPY MEALS... IN THOSE COOL BOXES! Now, they're in bags with cheesy toys. Whatever happened to the transformer happy meal boxes and it's friends?! Good times, great wines, sour limes... hey that rhymes..... (sorry, moment of confusion) But that's it. Now their new apartment, that is pretty cooool, since the air condition works very well. (Stupid joke). So a moment of silence for the "move"..... ..... ..... Thank you.

Finally, just want to give a "shout" "out" to my "hom-mie"Jerry and his sis, the one and only Moni. To Evie: "What" "Up"? And finally to Marisol: "Yo"-"yo"-"yo"!

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Ok...I don't know where the shout out thing came from...but here is a shout out back "Hey".

    I to remember your grandmas house. It always smelled sweet. Now onto another chapter of their lives and making new memories with their family in their new home.

Post a Comment