Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Good afternoon. Just thought I put something up to let all who were wondering how I am doing. And doing good, I am. Just getting ready for the convention we have in San Angelo in a few weeks. I can't wait. It should be most intriguing.

This past weekend a few friends from San Antone came to visit and we had a good time. Saturday morning, we went to the town of Ozona to preach. It went very well, for a sister started, what will undoubtedly become, a study. And another sister found a lady that used to study and asked me if I could restart the study with the whole family. I said... YES, OF COURSE! So Thursday, I will be heading out there. :)

Then at around 3:30pm we headed for the Caverns of Sonora. For an hour and a half, we walked down to 150 feet below the surface and saw awesome rock formations. The guide was explaining how some of these formations formed with temperatures, minerals and stuff. I didn't really follow, but it made me appreciate Jehovah's creation and wisdom.

Psalms 19:1 - "The heavens are declaring the glory of God; And of the work of his hands the expanse is telling."


I didn't take too many pictures, but here are some.

caverns of sonora_062307 (1)

mr peacock

caverns of sonora_062307 (2)

caverns of sonora_062307 (3)


So that was cool. Sunday was the meeting and the brothers and sisters here just loved the ones visiting and vice versa. It was really encouraging.

And today, I had the internet installed on my computer. And as we were both in the room, conversation started up, and then religion then came up. He said that religion fascinates him. He was kinda enthusiastic about it. He was convinced that we have to base our beleifs on the Bible, not on what a person says or teaches. So we talked a bit, at least one Scripture was read and I was planning to give him a tract when he left, but I didn't. :( I gave him a BOOK INSTEAD! :) I gave him What does the Bible really teach? and briefly explained that it has what we believe, as Jehovah's Witnesses. He graciously took it and left with a smile.

'Twas a good day.

I'll leave yall with a joke:

A grasshopper walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Hey, we have a drink named after you!"

The grasshopper looks surprised and says, "You have a drink named Steve?"

Come on! You know you wanna laugh!

Until next time.

5 Comments:

  1. Patty said...
    Thanks for sharing those encouraging experiences, that's amazing about the family who is going to start studying! And those caverns are so beautiful- I've always wanted to visit them- so thanks for posting pictures.
    Anonymous said...
    I'm glad that you are doing well, and that your friends went to visit you. It felt a little more like home, right?

    I can see that you are already being blessed with all these experiences that you have related. That's great!

    The caverns are cool. Nice pictures!
    Anonymous said...
    My sister said: your joke is corny (she didn't get it) and the peacock is actually a MRS. peacock. But the rest is pretty good. Remember, SHE said that. Not me.
    Roy said...
    ok, i stand corrected, a mrs. peacock.

    and 2. tell your sister it was meant to be corny and make you roll your eyes. can she get that?

    and i say that in the nicest and most respectful way i can. :)
    Anonymous said...
    I did get the joke, and it was corny. My brother just always want me to look bad. Oh and Roy i can get it and that is exactly what it made me do. :) N-E-Ways i really liked every thing else.
    Take Care! and talk to you later.:)

Post a Comment