Monday, March 05, 2007

What a painful weekend.

It started Saturday morning. I woke up with what could be described as "pain". It was a pinched nurve on my back and I could barely move.

Ouch is correct. It was very unpleasant.

By Sunday, it was a bit better, but I still couldn't turn my neck fully. This is what my brothers and I like to call: the "Batman effect".



If you've watched any Batman movie, when he turns to look at something, he doesn't turn only his neck. Since he has his BatSuit, he has to turn his neck along with his shoulders and twist his torso. It's a funny looking motion. Sadly, and quite pathetically, I looked like that this weekend. My brother Ruben would even call to me just to turn around. And after I have unnecessarily demonstrated once again the "Batman effect", he would mock and belittle me.

But that's brotherly love.

But again, by Sunday, I felt better. I got to go to a town called Pflugerville to visit some friends, so that was cool. I met this one little dude, that just became an unbaptized publisher. Henry is 10 years old. When we went out to eat, he sat with us and he asked all these questions about baptism, pioneering, having privileges and du-ties in the congregation, and on and on. It was cool!

He told us that before he would fall asleep in the meetings and wouldn't like going to them. But now, he doesn't "fall asleep that much".



It was a good weekend.

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Sorry to hear about your neck... the "batman effect", that's funny. You can always count on your brothers and sisters to help you out when your in pain... by making fun of you. I glad to hear about the little brother who is so interested in reaching goals. That's great. I went to the english assembly this weekend in SA, and the talk that was given for the youth was sad but a big eye opener. The brother said how tired we are to see alot of young brothers and sister leaving to the world, without realizing how close we are to the end. Really good talk. So it's very commendable to hear those who are still focused on spiritual goals.
    Patty said...
    Wow, who knew we had a real superhero among us! Sorry to hear you were in pain...that is never fun. And what a cute kid, it is wonderful to see young ones so eager to please Jehovah! They are such a joy and encouragement to us all.
    Roy said...
    it is good to see young ones eager to serve Jehovah while others are eager to leave. it's sad to see that Satan has them blinded to the reality. but we will do what we can to motivate them. to help them open their eyes.
    Anonymous said...
    CUTE KID! We have lots of youngins in my hall eager like him. They are precious.

Post a Comment