Sunday, March 04, 2007



"My experiences with dogs were of the like but this happened a couple of years ago. Not that I haven't gone out on service since then, but I just haven't encountered another vicious dog like that.

An elderly brother and myself were the only ones that went on field service during the summer vacations. The elderly brother never wanted to have a partner because he felt we walked to fast for him and he hurried and would tire out. So he sent me through one side of the street and he went through the other. I, being a shy and insecure individual at age 17, was so afraid of going by myself to the doors.

I get to a house that has about 9, no 20, different dogs and they all surrounded me and growled at me."

Yes, "grrrr".

I at this time have my handy book bag in front of me and Jehovah is all of sudden being inundated with prayers from a terrified 17 year old. All of sudden one of the vicious "rabid" canines decided to inflict even more fear in me by grabbing my pant.

"Ahhh!"

I freaked out, panicked,and started to shake him off. He let go and I hurriedly went back and met with the brother and didnt say anything just stood quietly beside him, breathing fast, about to hyperventilate, pretending I had finished all the side of the street in less than 10 minutes.

He didnt ask and I didnt say anything.

On a side note, this elderly brother had a legion of angels protecting him at all times. A moving train crashed his car for parking on the tracks 3 times and he fell off a flight of stairs from a second story building. This brother was 80 years old and never broke a bone in his body. He was out on field service 6 days out of the week every week without fail.

Sad to say he passed away already but all the young people in my congregation at that time grew up to be zealous pioneers all because of brothers like him."

Including you, Ruben.

Thank.

[If anyone has more experiences they would like to share, please email me by clicking on the following link: [email roy]]

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I understand how everyone feels when you encounter with those mean, bad dogs. It was a beautiful sunny winter day, a little cool, but the sun was just shinning. A sister and I were having a wonderful day out on service and then all off a sudden we went into a house and here come all these dogs. (We ran as fast as we could and prayed, prayed, prayed.)Then Jehovah moved the heart of the young girl inside the house, she came out got mad at the dogs( that's what they get-haha)Then she listened to use and took the magazines. So all that running was worth it. Personally me and dogs are not the best of friends, but that can't stop us from preaching. We just have to remember that Jehovah always takes care of his servents no matter what.

Post a Comment