Tuesday, November 08, 2005

This is a newspaper article that I found while looking through my stuff. [Click on the pics to read them at full size.]


Here are the pictures that came with the article.



And this is one that I had taken a while back of the beautiful lobby of the Assembly Hall.

I wish I had pictures of when we were working on it. It was a wonderful time for everyone. I remember that I was part of the group working on the last part of the ceiling. As we were taking down the scaffold, I noticed that everyone in the auditorium had their eyes on us. Then I noticed that we were the last ones finishing the ceiling. Finally as the scaffold came down, their was an applause. It was a wonderful moment. But of course their were many wonderful moments with all of the brothers and sisters. Truly, the brotherhood is a blessing from Jehovah. - Psalm 133.1

Another great thing about these constructions of Kingdom and Assembly Halls is that it was the loving donations that made it possible. There wasn't any money baskets passed around during the year to pay for it. Aside from that, no one got paid for their work. Like the article said, their were professionals there doing what they do for a living and didn't get paid for it. Now THAT is love for our brothers and, most importantly, to Jehovah. - Matthew 22.37-39

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    That's where the love for Jehovah shows...when many brothers and sisters, including youngsters, can come together for one purpose, building a new hall for everyone to enjoy. It looks beautiful. I hope I can go see it someday soon.
    Roy said...
    you should! the next time i'm there, i will take more pictures of this beautiful place and post them....
    Junior said...
    Great post Roy.
    Roy said...
    thanks yous.
    Anonymous said...
    Roy
    Its really nice that you put the article and pic.on here I think its beautiful.Really great,hopfully I can visit soon down there again and take some pic. Sulamita Miranda
    Roy said...
    thanks. and yes, that would be great if you all can visit. :)

Post a Comment