Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Here's a poem that I found and would like to share:

"Jehovah's Day"

Last night the worst dream I ever had, came.
After having that dream, I won't be the same.

It was such a huge global catastrophe,
But the worst thing of all was what happened to me.

I thought I was doing okay in the truth,
Sharing the Good News with both aged and youth.

I'd go out in service whenever I could,
But it wasn't as often as I knew that I should.

I'd make all the meetings (when I had the desire)
And prayed every night (if I wasn't too tired).

"Study with the children", sometimes is what I said,
but more often than not, it was time for their bed.

"I'm better than those in the world", I recalled.
Most didn't do any of these things at all.

Though I didn't do all that I could have and should,
Jehovah will remember me, I was sure he would.

I recall now my dream and with much reservation,
We were nearing the end of the Great Tribulation.

Everything had happened just as the Bible said,
But then came the day in my dream that I'd dread.

Two of us were working very hard in the field,
Then Jehovah's angel came and his sword began to wield.

At last I thought, "Finally I'm nearing my salvation!"
When suddenly, I realized MY LIFE was to be taken.

"Wait, there's a mistake-something's wrong", is what I cried.
But nothing that I said changed the fact that I died.

Suddenly I woke and with such a bad start,
Wiped the tears from my eyes and calmed down my heart.

As I lay there thinking, I began to realize,
Had I really been doing all Jehovah requires?

Had I really been putting his worship first?
Apparently NOT-for my reward was the worst.

I made up my mind that night in bed.
To keep my eyes fixed on the hope that's ahead.

TO THINK OF JEHOVAH FROM THE TIME I GET UP.
TO TELL OTHERS OF HIM WITH NEVER A LET UP.

TO LIVE AND TO DREAM AND TO TEACH IN GOD'S WAY,
THEN, I'D PROBABLY BE CONCEALED, COME JEHOVAH'S DAY.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    This is a wonderful poem. Last night at the meeting a brother gave an experience of a family that made a list of their priorities and clearly everything having to do with Jehovah came first. Well the very last thing on the list was entertainment. They wanted to find a spot where all of the family members could see the list. They picked the refrigerator. Well after opening the refrigerator so many times, the list got turned upside down and entertainment was at the top of their list of priorities. So they started to act in that way. Point of the experience was to show us that we should never let our priorities change when it comes to serving Jehovah to the fullest.
    Roy said...
    very well said, evie. truly, you are included in Jehovah's army of faithful sisters - Psalm68.11 "Jehovah himself gives the saying; The women telling the good news are a large army."

    carry on, evie. carry on.

Post a Comment